Monday, January 21, 2008

finally finally snow

We finally had a few decent snowfalls in Mikawa though they continually melt. I am still disappointed since I was told to expect two metres of snow and the ski resort is in a constant flux of opening and closing since they don't manufacture any snow. The snowflakes here are so thick and beautiful though, that when they fall it is like a dream. I went for a walk during the last snowfall and took some pictures with my sad cell phone camera. Camera has still not recovered from the beer.
The big puddle of water is due to the street clearing system which consists of a strip of dribbling sprinklers that spread water along the street. Since it is winter I had worn winter boots and not rubber boots and my feet were slightly drowned by the time I got back.
My lovely car the morning after. To prepare for the snow everyone here puts up their windshield wipers at night, thus it is easier to clear off the snow!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Too bad about your camera Jenelle! :( Very nice pictures anyway though.. :)
So they clear the streets with water, even in winter? One would normally think that the roads would be bad enough without CREATING ice on them!!?? :)

Anonymous said...

Ran across your blog as I was searching for things about Mikawa. I was the ALT in Mikawa from 2000 to 2003. Looking at your pics brought back some great memories! My fiance and I might be over there this coming summer! I would love to hear more about how everyone is doing in the town! Sounds like you have the same Japanese tutor as I did :)

Jenelle said...

Hi John
Yes Miyashitasan is still teaching us ALTs in Agamachi as it is now called. I may be leaving this year but as yet am unsure.