Wednesday, September 17, 2008

gosen matsuri

I had bought a yukata (summer kimono made from cotton) when I had first come to Japan and did not find the opportunity to wear it. Gosen matsuri is quite small and uneventful but dammit I wanted to wear my yukata, so I did. I had Noriko help put it on because it is a bit of a process. I had to wear a special bra to flatten my chest and a towel around my waist because the square streamline look is desired. She thought it would be funny to dress James up in a Yukata, as well. Tsubo thought James looked like Yakuza(Japanese maffia) though.

Although uneventful as matsuris go, there were many things that I think outside of Japan would be interesting. I will try to be more camera happy in the future. Typically, they carry ancient shrines around town but Gosen has changed and now they carry popular anime characters around. This year ponya and doraemon were populous.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTF. I am the new gosen alt who just happened to google "gosen matsuuri" and the photo inside the apt looks creepily like - well, EXACTLY like the walls im staring at right now, and the cabinet thingy that this very computer rests on now.