Thursday, January 25, 2007

crazy cooking!

Okay so I have been to two restaurants in the past week where you have to cook your own food! It must be a common thing in Japan because even at run of the mill restaurants you will have a bowl of soup cooking on the table or perhaps your rice over a small burner. Anyhow the first restaurant was in Sanjo and I can't remember the name of the type of food/ cooking but Melissa described it as puke tossed on a grill and cooked. Now perhaps it did look somewhat like the aforementioned description but it was actually really good.


Mmmmm vomitty goodness!


Look ma I'm cooking!



Apparently Paul is doing something wrong!



After, cooking our supper (yes we say supper in Canada) we went to karaoke yet again. Although I don't sing I still tend to enjoy it but I was wiped so I slept through most of it. Kristen graced us with her first and supposedly only time singing. Paul and Phil were a riot and sang quite a few songs I had forgotten existed.



This past weekend the last musical rehearsal was in Niigata and we went to a yakiniku restaurant. I had been anticipating this style of food because it is basically meat (even beef!) cooked on a grill and was mucho oishi. Our grill, however, was spewing out flames and a few extremities were a but toasty. Shanna felt she had to make to whole restaurant aware of this by shrieking each time it occurred but we did get an extra twenty minutes added onto our cooking time because of it.

No comments: