Friday, August 17, 2007

hanabi

Recently I went to a hanabi (which is a fireworks festival) with my vice-principal and a few teachers. I have always loved fireworks but the ones in Japan are beyond comparison. They have perfected it to an art and the scale of the shows are massive. It was a great evening on the banks of the shinano river (longest in Japan) eating grocery store sushi and viewing the amazingfireworks.

Hanabi means flower fire in Japanese and the stills from my pictures actually do look like flowers.



3 comments:

Gareth said...

After posting a lame picture of fireworks on my blog, Glen told me to check out your pictures. Very nice. Next time I will use my newly decovered 'firework' setting on my camera - though I will probably forgotten about it by then!

Shelley said...

Wow, those are great pics! :) Wasn't it the Japanese who invented fireworks? Or was that the Chinese... I'll have to go google it now. :)

Jenelle said...

haha I have a firework setting as well Gareth but I don't think I used it. I was fairly close to the fireworks so that might have helped.

Chinese Shelley but I think the Japanese have perfected it.