Thursday, October 11, 2007

paragliding is what again?

A while ago I ventured down to Joetsu and went paragliding with the crew down there. As my mother can ascertain I have loved heights since I was in diapers and I could not let this opportunity pass. I though paragliding and hangliding were the same thing but I was corrected from this misconception and informed it was with a parachute. I then had the image of plummeting at extreme speeds but I should have listened to the name one more time. Gliding... a gentle and slow descend to the ground. So there was not much of an adrenalin rush or an " I'm going to die moment" but it was incredibly beautiful and completely surreal. The glide down seemed to take 10 minutes or more but I am not sure of the real time. The mountain we jumped off of is situated near the sea so we had a beautiful view of the terraced rice fields and the sea. I am glad that I did it but next will be something with a bit more speed...

View from the top



It was a tandem jump with a weasel looking Japanese man. Good all the same though.


1 comment:

Glen-san said...

wow and wow! am in total awe of you for that

x