Monday, May 21, 2007

dokoka gorge park

A few weekends ago James and I went for a hike on a trail somewhat hidden deep in Mikawa mountains. The weather was quite nice but the bugs were terrible. They did not bite just hovered around incessantly to drive us insane so much so that I didn't even stop to eat. It was a gorgeous climb though with multitudes of blooming flowers and verdant greenery that carried the smell of freshness. We couldn't make it to the top however because there was still snow and it became slightly dangerous and to be honest we were tired anyway. I have been lax in any sort of exercising of late and there were points where I was sure my lungs were going to burst and I was not alone. When we where on our way down though we realized just how steep much of the trail was and felt somewhat vindicated.
It does not look as steep as it is.

No comments: