Friday, May 11, 2007

mikawa sites

I was awoken very early by sunlight glaring through my curtain and decided to go for a bit of a walk on a beautiful day. I took some pics of shrines and the likes.

Niigata is semi famous for a steam train that runs frequently between Niigata and Aizuwakumatsu. Whenever the train is scheduled I have old men (with their large cameras) camped outside my apartment waiting to take a picture of this stupid train. What is even more ridiculous is that people come from as far away as Tokyo to see the train for 5 seconds and get a couple of pictures. This train runs quite frequently but I never fail to see wanna be photographers. While I was walking the train came by and so here is my piece of art!


Niigata is also famous for Tulips, as the Tulip capital of Japan. There are large tulip farms across the prefecture and a festival to honour these flowers. This flower is seen everywhere, yards, schools, businesses and shrines. This is a picture near a shrine.

1 comment:

Glen-san said...

hey jenelle!
lovely photos, hope youre well

x