Monday, December 17, 2007

sendai and the test

I wrote the jlpt (Japanese language proficiency test) in Sendai which is a city on the east coast of Japan. Surprisingly it was only a 3 hour drive, I always forget how small Japan actually is. There isn't much in the way of history to see in Sendai so we went to third best waterfall in Japan. The Japanese are forever compiling lists and there is a list for everything from "most scenic viewing spot" to "best beef tongue" (of which Sendai is suppose to have the best but unfortunately we didn't sample it on this excursion). The waterfall was pretty impressive and if we had been there a week earlier the view would have been incredible with the changing leaves.


The test was not great and due to a horrible bed (no sleep) and a warm room I even fell asleep during the listening. It did inspire me to study more and perhaps I will take it again!

No comments: