Thursday, October 26, 2006

Playing catch up II

Well, I still do not have internet so I am still a couple weeks behind on my posts. However, I must relate my first experience with nato. I have been asked about the elusive nato quite frequently. One of students favourite questions is "Do you like nato?" Thus far I have been unable to answer. Now I know for sure the answer is NO! God and Satan and Buddha and all other gods would not be able to compel me to eat it ever again. I had asked others about it and they explained it looks like snot and it tastes like paint thinner and I had kind of scoffed at their answers. We had nato today for school lunch and it looked unassuming enough...some beans with vegetables, albeit a bit gooey and stringy. Well, it is not just gross it seems carcinogenic or something. It tastes like what you would imagine bleach or another cleaning product might and it feels like it emits fumes in your mouth.


Anyhow back to the weekend of the 13th.

Friday
We decided to go for a hike in Kanose despite my teachers claiming I shouldn't because they would be worried for me. It wasn't a long hike but I am out of shape so I lost a couple buckets of sweat. I really enjoy hiking and the view from the top was spectacular. At one point there was a fairly large animal running away from us. Perhaps it was one of those bears? After the hike we stopped at the local waterfall and took some pics. Misael dropped his sunglasses into the falls but luckily was able to find them again. I attempted to put my hand under the falls but the last few step would have been above my waist so I left it for another day. Later that night we went to Masters and were shown to the VIP area in the back. He doesn't have a menu so he just whips up a meal and you better like. Luckily, I did! It is kind of a serve yourself bar and we were mixing any alcohol we recognized. A few of us ended up drinking a amber rum, Malibu and coke concoction. The alcohol lead to karaoke and I finally sang my first song. I think James' voice covered my anyway! Master has a beautiful voice and he sang some Frank Sinatra and Edelweiss. I didn't expect to hear that here.

Saturday
Had to get up extra early to pick up Melissa and Kristen in Niitsu and drive to Tokomachi for a musical rehearsal. Man, was it was nice driving on a double lane highway. Most of the highways around Aga are single lane and the speed limit is 50km. I know it doesn't sound like a highway to me either. On the expressway the speed limit is 80km but everyone drives faster so it was very liberating and helped my road rage immeasurably. We finally received the collection
of props from last year and were able to begin painting. Another drinking party that night and to bed at 6:00.

Sunday
Another day of painting and a long drive back to Niigata for Scott's birthday party at a Brazilian steak restaurant. It is $40.00 for all you can eat and the meat is absolutely delicious, especially after having little beef. Was home fairly late and the next day of school was rough.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

kudos to the 2 lane highway to alleviate road rage symptoms!

Justine said...

didn't know you had a blog jenelle...

Jenelle said...

I'm really not that bad Kristen.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, Janelle. Yes you are. I have driven with you before and had my life flash before my eyes! Your driving scares me. Sorry, but its true.

Jenelle said...

my god Dug some day you are going to learn how to spell my name right.

Justine said...

u gonna post some halloween pics???

Anonymous said...

Janelle if I learned your name, you might start to think that I cared! HAHAHA.