Thursday, November 16, 2006

Musical a la Murikami

We had a thanksgiving in Murikami this past weekend with the musical and I was salivating over the thought of turkey all week long. The weather was miserable so it was nice to cozy up in a heated room after a long day of work. Melissa is quite the little cook and even brought her own apron along with her. We were concerned that the meal was going to lack in potatoes and vegetables because we could not get the gas to turn on and thus no burners. After half an hour the man working at the facility finally figured out how to operate the ovens and we were in business. The meal was fairly good (thought the turkey kind of tasted of fish) but by the time everyone finished preparing their dishes we had less than 30 minutes to eat. I have never felt so full in my life. Not only have I been deprived of this food for 3 months but I had only thirty minutes to eat it. It was the typical after thanksgiving feeling x 5. Kristen snapped a picture of me lying on the floor because honestly it was painful to sit upright.
She also took pictures of our bloated and distended stomachs but I'll leave that to your imagination. Next we were off to karaoke, some intelligent person (our director) decided we should walk there in typhoon like conditions so we arrive in a soggy and somewhat irritable state. We received an amazing deal, however, where we could sing karaoke and drink all we want for approximately $33.00 Canadian. It was a karaoke marathon of 7 and a half hours. We stumbled out at around 5:00 in the morning to grab 5 hours of sleep.
The guys singing "You've lost that lovin feeling" by the Righteous Brothers.


Not quite sure what dance Ashley and Seth are performing here.


Girls rocking it out to "I would do anything for love" by Meatloaf.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 things lady!!

1 - My mom says I'm smart and she's never wrong! I made you walk in the "typhoon" to build your stamina!

2 - The guy in the picture is called ERROL! There is no "Seth" in Niigata!!

Deccy.

Jenelle said...

Seth is his middle name and I like it better!