Friday, March 02, 2007

dodgeball

For many of my elementary English classes lately my JTE has us playing dodge ball. I am fine with this because it gets the kids excited and me out of a chair. Also, I think it is easier for them to learn when they have a motor association behind the word such as throw, catch, etc. However, they play with a few different rules here or perhaps some I simply have never encountered but new to me. Save the queen - one person is the queen and if they are hit the game is over. I like to think of the queen as the 8 ball although you want to sink it. Of course I have to be the queen every time and because there is only one of me one team has it worse than the other. Though, I suppose, I make up for it in the end because I am worth more points if I am not hit. Anyhow, being queen is a difficult and restricting role. Instead of the others who get to throw the ball and attempt to catch it and generally have fun, I must stay out of the way of the ball and avoid it. Also all the little girls attempt to protect me by throwing their young little bodies in the path of oncoming balls, like the secret service for the president, but they often just get in my way and do not allow me any freedom of movement. Conclusion dodge ball fun- being Queen not so much.


2 comments:

Glen-san said...

hey buddy..sorry, queen buddy

Jenelle said...

haha I played again today and plowed a little girl over because they just get in the way. No more queen for me!