Thursday, March 08, 2007

snowy snowy snow

Well, we have finally had a decent snowfall and I thought winter was over for sure when a couple of days ago it got up to 15 C. I have been very disappointed with this winter because the people around here are constantly bragging how much snow they have and complaining about the THREE WHOLE months of winter. Thus far it hasn't even felt like winter with the temperature barely breaking -1 and no snow to speak of. That has changed with one night of snowfall measuring around 40 cm or 15 inches. All people large and small drag out their rubbery winter boots and wear them regardless of their outfit (many ladies were cleaning their cars in skirts and boots). Also the strange people walk around with umbrellas IN THE SNOW! Sure the snow is heavy but it is not that wet. I hadn't planned on the time it would take me to clean off my car and I was almost late for work! This is my car slightly visible beneath the snow.





With all the snow a couple teachers and I decided to have a snowball fight after school. The teams were made and given the glorious names of Anaconda (in Latin Eurectes which they thought we used) and Big Buddha. We only lasted a couple of rounds of capture the flag and we were beat but it was alot of fun. My team was victorious on both occasions! This is my kyoto-sensei (vice-principal) and I. Although it looks it, he is not taller than me.



The participants soaking wet with frozen fingers and wet flags.


No comments: